Free School Meals/Pupil Premium Funding
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will receive a universal infant free school meal.
If you are a parent in receipt of any of the benefits listed below then your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals. It's quick and simple to apply online on the Family Portal.
To find out more information click on the link below.
If you're eligible you can also contact Together for Children on 0191 561 1417. You can also email them on email@example.com
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
For guidance on how to apply online through our Family Portal see our guidelines below.
Pupil Premium Funding
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 you can still apply above if you are in receipt of benefits. This will generate pupil premium funding for the school which we can use to ensure your child attains well in English and maths, has equal opportunities to resources and attend school trips or residentials. See our pupil premium website page to view our current plan.